Weight loss isn’t about just changing one thing in your life, it is about changing the decision you make day to day. It doesn’t have to be difficult either. In fact the easier and more routine the decision become, the better you weight loss results will be. By keeping five simple tips in mind, you will be on your way to your weight loss goals in no time.
1. Start with the end in mind: You need to have a set goal. Most of us tend to work better under the guide of a deadline or a specific goal. Something like lose weight is too general to be helpful. People who have specific weight loss goals will end up with better results than those who just go into it with a plan to "lose weight." It is great to have weight loss goals, but you need a specific goal to aspire to. It doesn't have to be a specific amount of weight loss, though. You could start by thinking about the amount of inches you want to lose, or the amount of exercise you want to be able to do.
Also, starting a weight loss routine can be difficult. If you start with thinking about how much better you will feel in the end, it will make those workouts and diet decisions easier. Focus on the things you will be able to do that you can’t now.
2. Diet Change Is Easier Than Exercise: Exercise is good but changing your diet is great. However you really should do both. To lose weight, you need a good mixture of both good diet decisions and good exercise habits. The pairing of the two is what will help you meet your goals in a timely manner and help you maintain your new physique once you get there.
3. Optimize Hormones: An imbalance in your hormones can be a big culprit in gaining weight and it can make it difficult to lose it as well. If you find yourself dieting and exercising without the desired results, you may want to consider getting your hormone levels checked. They are notorious for keeping your body’s balance out of whack and making weight loss difficult.
If you struggle to find the energy to exercise may be coming from a hormone imbalance too. It is an easy fix, though. Consult with your doctor about your hormones and he or she will help you to get them back in balance and on your way to feeling better and losing weight.
4. Stress management: One of the biggest culprits when it comes to gaining weight or a difficulty with losing pounds is stress. We are all subject to it on some level, but you have to learn to deal with it. Find what works for you – whether it is reading a book, taking a walk or getting a massage. The main goal here is to relieve that stress. When you learn to deal with the things that leave you feeling frazzled, you will be able to focus on your weight loss journey.
5. Minimize environmental toxins: Environmental toxins can also be a hurdle to overcome in your weight loss journey. Chemicals in foods, plastics and many other products could be detrimental to your health. They could actually be causing you to hold onto those fat cells. Cut them out as much as possible by being aware of the products you are purchasing and using and you may just see the weight begin to melt off.
Naturopathic Medicine for Weight Loss
Weight loss can often be a lifelong struggle. In fact, ⅔ of American adults are considered overweight or obese. Fad diets, perpetual weight yo-yoing, and the constant feeling of shame can become overwhelming. When traditional methods have failed, it can be time to seek a new perspective on weight loss.
Naturopathic doctors looks at the human body as an interconnected system. This system is also connected to its environment. Using a naturopathic approach, also referred to a holistic medicine, weight loss becomes much more than an equation of calories and exercise. Weight loss becomes an internal and external journey with realistic and attainable goals.
Scottsdale Weight Loss | Phoenix Weight Loss
If you live in the Phoenix or Scottsdale area, you can begin your journey towards a healthy weight by contacting Southwest Integrative Medicine. Dr. Christy Cline and Dr. Robin Terranella use a holistic approach towards a healthy lifestyle. This approach examines many factors common to weight loss such as:
Holistic medicine looks at a wide array of symptoms which signal an imbalance in the body. Together, they can indicate a root cause - or point of imbalance and treating these the problem can be addressed. One by one, like peeling an onion the symptoms and weight are addressed.
Acupuncture For Weight Loss Phoenix
Acupuncture for weight loss has been shown to help treat the body’s imbalances and promote healthy - lasting - weight loss. If your weight loss is stress induced, phoenix weight loss through Acupuncture is a good option. Through relaxation and stress reduction you will stabilize the body and make weight loss a more achievable goal.
Check out some of our options for weight loss, phoenix residence can trust.
For many weight loss can be a frustrating mission for those trying to reach or maintain their target weight. The sometimes obvious and basic equation of: Eating Less + Moving More = ? Weight Loss, does not always work. This is because your life is not in a test tube and there are many other factors at play that needed to be accounted for. Physician weight loss programs offer the opportunity to discover these hidden weight loss factors and deal with them directly. This approach offers weight loss that can be sustainable and be more predicable. As you will see this option is desired opposed to the fluctuating helpless experience that is so common in most mainstream weight loss programs.
Phoenix Weight Loss Provides Internal Balance
Most physician weight loss programs should begin with a thorough examination of your internal physiological processes that relate to weight gain. Some common ones are:
Hormonal imbalances - Hormones are instrumental in maintaining the body's physiological balance. Deficient estrogen, low thyroid hormones, high cortisol, or low testosterone, can sabotage even the most precise phoenix weight loss plans.
Thyroid Issues - Thyroid hormones that are out of balance, benign or cancerous thyroid tumors, and lack of iodine are all contributing factors in thyroid malfunctions. When the thyroid under performs - hypothyroidism - patients usually experience weight gain and fatigue.
Poor diet and exercise plan- In some cases, excess exercise and too low calories can actually exacerbate an already sluggish metabolic function. It also send the wrong messages to the brain and can trigger hormonal imbalances.
Insulin/blood sugar imbalance - Healthy blood sugar levels are dependent on the efficiency of the pancreas and its ability to produce insulin and the bodies ability to recognize the insulin. High and low levels of blood sugar can effect energy levels and food cravings. This has a direct correlation to weight gain/loss.
Benefits of a Physician guided Holistic Weight Loss Program
The benefits of a holistic weight loss program are that it provides key insights into holistic health while you loose weight. It maintains weight loss by achieving a relative balance, rather than depleting the body of necessary calories and nutrients. Some of these common solutions include:
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (bHRT) - Phoenix weight loss physicians work to balance hormones using 100% natural bio-identical hormones. bHRT works seamlessly with your own hormone synthesis and enhances the metabolic function of your cells.
Vitamin Therapy - By ensuring the body has adequate levels of key vitamins, food cravings are significantly decreased. Cravings are often the body's cry for nutritional help and vitmain injections can help.
Prescription Medications - Prescription weight loss medications should always be utilized under strict physician supervision. However, these should be used only as a last resort. These can be anything from hormone injections to appetite suppressants and stimulants. Hormone injections like hcg injections phoenix can be very helpful.
Weight loss physicians will actively monitor dosages to coincide with weight loss and adjust the dosage accordingly. Other prescription medications may need to be adjusted as weight loss occurs.
Physician Weight Loss: Longterm results
A physician weight loss program is more likely to give long term results for the reasons mentioned above and their desire to improve your health overall. Weight related health conditions make up a large portion of the medical costs. Make sure your phoenix weight loss program has a plan for the long term, what you do after the diet, how to incorporate the current plan into your old lifestyle. These two have to merge for lasting results.
For more information on our Phoenix weight loss programs get a free consult with a naturopathic physician and learn more about holistic weight loss.
SW Integrative Medicine
Naturopathic doctors give weight loss tips and advise for phoenix and scottsdale area. Phoenix weight loss tips on hcg diet other weight loss treatments for weight related health conditions.