Weight loss isn’t about just changing one thing in your life, it is about changing the decision you make day to day. It doesn’t have to be difficult either. In fact the easier and more routine the decision become, the better you weight loss results will be. By keeping five simple tips in mind, you will be on your way to your weight loss goals in no time.
1. Start with the end in mind: You need to have a set goal. Most of us tend to work better under the guide of a deadline or a specific goal. Something like lose weight is too general to be helpful. People who have specific weight loss goals will end up with better results than those who just go into it with a plan to "lose weight." It is great to have weight loss goals, but you need a specific goal to aspire to. It doesn't have to be a specific amount of weight loss, though. You could start by thinking about the amount of inches you want to lose, or the amount of exercise you want to be able to do.
Also, starting a weight loss routine can be difficult. If you start with thinking about how much better you will feel in the end, it will make those workouts and diet decisions easier. Focus on the things you will be able to do that you can’t now.
2. Diet Change Is Easier Than Exercise: Exercise is good but changing your diet is great. However you really should do both. To lose weight, you need a good mixture of both good diet decisions and good exercise habits. The pairing of the two is what will help you meet your goals in a timely manner and help you maintain your new physique once you get there.
3. Optimize Hormones: An imbalance in your hormones can be a big culprit in gaining weight and it can make it difficult to lose it as well. If you find yourself dieting and exercising without the desired results, you may want to consider getting your hormone levels checked. They are notorious for keeping your body’s balance out of whack and making weight loss difficult.
If you struggle to find the energy to exercise may be coming from a hormone imbalance too. It is an easy fix, though. Consult with your doctor about your hormones and he or she will help you to get them back in balance and on your way to feeling better and losing weight.
4. Stress management: One of the biggest culprits when it comes to gaining weight or a difficulty with losing pounds is stress. We are all subject to it on some level, but you have to learn to deal with it. Find what works for you – whether it is reading a book, taking a walk or getting a massage. The main goal here is to relieve that stress. When you learn to deal with the things that leave you feeling frazzled, you will be able to focus on your weight loss journey.
5. Minimize environmental toxins: Environmental toxins can also be a hurdle to overcome in your weight loss journey. Chemicals in foods, plastics and many other products could be detrimental to your health. They could actually be causing you to hold onto those fat cells. Cut them out as much as possible by being aware of the products you are purchasing and using and you may just see the weight begin to melt off.
SW Integrative Medicine
Naturopathic doctors give weight loss tips and advise for phoenix and scottsdale area. Phoenix weight loss tips on hcg diet other weight loss treatments for weight related health conditions.