1. Start with the end in mind: You need to have a set goal. We tend to work better under the guide of a deadline or a specific goal. People who have a specific goal weight tend to end up with better results than those who just go into it with a plan to lose weight. It is great to want to lose weight, but you need a goal to aspire to.
Also, starting a weight loss routine can be difficult. If you start with thinking about how much better you will feel in the end, it will make those workouts and diet decisions easier. Focus on the things you will be able to do that you can’t now.
2. Balance Diet and Exercise: Diets are good and exercise is great, but you can’t focus solely on one or the other. To lose weight, you need a good mixture of both good diet decisions and good exercise habits. The pairing of the two is what will help you meet your goals in a timely manner and help you maintain your new physique once you get there.
3. Optimize Hormones: An imbalance in your hormones can be a big culprit in gaining weight and it can make it difficult to lose it as well. If you find yourself dieting and exercising without the desired results, you may want to consider getting your hormone levels checked. They are notorious for keeping your body’s balance out of whack and making weight loss difficult.
If you struggle to find the energy to exercise may be coming from a hormone imbalance too. It is an easy fix, though. Consult with your doctor about your hormones and he or she will help you to get them back in balance and on your way to feeling better and losing weight.
4. Stress management: One of the biggest culprits when it comes to gaining weight or a difficulty with losing pounds is stress. We are all subject to it on some level, but you have to learn to deal with it. Find what works for you – whether it is reading a book, taking a walk or getting a massage. The main goal here is to relieve that stress. When you learn to deal with the things that leave you feeling frazzled, you will be able to focus on your weight loss journey.
5. Minimize environmental toxins: Environmental toxins can also be a hurdle to overcome in your weight loss journey. Chemicals in foods, plastics and many other products could be detrimental to your health. They could actually be causing you to hold onto those fat cells. Cut them out as much as possible by being aware of the products you are purchasing and using and you may just see the weight begin to melt off.